Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 1 (one) year of experience in natural gas engine or compression, or process and instrumentation industry is preferred.
- Must possess a valid Texas State driver's license and be able to operate motor vehicle for test purposes.
- Must maintain Forklift Certification License (Training and Certification provided by employer).
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power-operated tools and equipment, such as welding and oxy/acetylene cutting/brazing equipment, refrigeration gauge assemblies, engine diagnostic tools, AC/DC multimeters, micrometers and other measuring tools as needed to complete assigned jobs.
- Must possess skills necessary to use computer diagnostic equipment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical strength and ability to perform moderate to heavy manual labor, including frequent bending, walking, and heavy lifting, for extended periods under dirty and uncomfortable conditions and in all types of weather as necessary.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time and able to climb ladders or steps/stairs to get to equipment.
- Exerts up to 50 lbs of force frequently. Able to lift 65 pounds from floor to shoulder height occasionally.
- Ability to frequently exert the pound force limits for push/pull 50lb f (no wheels) or 100lb f (wheels).
- Must be able to drive service vehicle at least 80 continuous miles.
- Will be required on occasion to work more than 8 hours on shift.
- Requires frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, balancing, lifting, carrying, and reaching or handling with arms, hands, and fingers, working in narrow spaces.
- Requires frequent repetitive movements, i.e. hammering, turning wrenches, or use of screwdrivers.
- Must also follow up and keep up with any changes in Certification level added by Thermo King Corp.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to work with fingers.
- Normal vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Working in the vicinity of hazardous, flammable materials and solvents and engine exhaust fumes, along with refrigeration gases.